Stakeholder News: The Communications Program You’ve Always Wanted (but didn’t know about)
Leaders and Legacies is more than the go-to place for progressive, social purpose news stories in Canada. We help connect organizations to further sources of funding or to new clients. We help you grow and prosper by using focused, strengths-based journalism.
We produce stakeholder news programs for non-profits and for-profits that want to be leaders in their fields, provided our values are aligned.
The Right Questions
This isn’t the journalism your mother knew and nor is it a ‘communications program’ in the way you might be thinking.
Traditional communications is top-down. Management figures out what they want to say and then they put out material through their communications team. In this case, you hire us to:
- Set up a news site (either a separate one or connected to your existing site).
- Write meaningful stories about your organization and industry.
- Connect with your own people in order to write the stories, so they gain a better sense of agency related to your organization’s mission.
- Curate relevant articles and share the stories that we write on social media.
- Solicit guest columns from industry leaders.
All of this helps position you as a thought leader in your area of expertise.
But we don’t stop there.
- We work with you to find out what new connections you want to make that will bring you more funding or more clients.
- We leverage the news program to help you grow the relationships that you want and to open doors for you.
- Your stakeholder news program will help you flourish, all the while giving you an impressive online presence.
A good article about you and your industry always starts with good questions. We make sure we ask the right questions – questions that will help you understand what’s going on, both internally and in your field of work. We ask questions that will help articulate objections people might have to a product or service, or questions that will help quash myths. But most importantly, we ask questions that focus on what’s working and why. We believe that when we focus on successes more of them can be found.
By asking thoughtful, asset-based questions, employees will also see more than ever the value in what they do.
Frequency of Communication
National media cycles on any given issue last, at most, 3 weeks. That’s not a recipe for the growth of ideas. A quick flash of an issue in the national media is not the way to run a campaign or to make change.
If you want to make change and see growth on any issue or outcome, that’s where we come in. Depending on the package you choose, with a stakeholder news program we will publish articles on your behalf:
- three times per week
- or five times per week (a story a day, Monday to Friday)
You probably think there can’t possibly be enough news to write about every day in your company and industry but you would be surprised. Many companies and organizations don’t realize that newsworthy things are going on all the time – even within their own walls. When you allow our writers to bring you a consistent, frequent delivery of news from within your organization, you are provided with a sense of constant movement and direction. This builds your audience over time and provides you with invaluable and ongoing feedback.
- First, you get a really awesome news site (or a really awesome news section on your existing site)
- We will engage people from your stakeholder network every day, or at least three times per week
- We will ask catalytic questions that will inform you, and position you as a thought leader in your field.
- We promise to write well and focus on strengths
- On your behalf we will publish, and do it often. We will include relevant, helpful, curated material form the Internet and then share your stories widely on social media
- Best of all, we will work with you to connect you to new sources of funding or new clients. We will help you grow and prosper, which is our ultimate goal.
Why do we do this work?
We do this to help like-minded organizations grow and prosper, and through their success we find our own. We make a meaningful contribution to society through our commitment to interview, write, and share stories on behalf of the organizations we serve, and to connect you to new funding and new clients.
Try a 3-month trial today
A stakeholder news program can be started for as little as $3,000 per month (or $36,000 per year.) When you think about it, that’s how much it would cost for you to hire one junior communications person. Instead, you get a powerful connective tool and newsroom focus at your disposal for the same cost.
Try it for 3 months and see what a difference it can make to your organization. Contact Roderick Benns today here or at 905-666-1249 to discuss how a program might work for you.